Saturday, May 30, 2015

Setup Complete

I've finished setting up the neighborhood.  I built a castle that will work for both Stage 3 and Stage 6, Servant and Knighthood respectively.  The main house part of the castle has 7 bedrooms, and 5 bathrooms, plus a nursery, spa room, formal dining room, dance room, throne room, and library.  In the 4 corner towers, I put mostly skill building Items, except for 2, one of which is a laundry room, the other is a part of the stables.  I tried to put at least one of each skill building item, including the Martial Arts equipment from the buy-debug catalog .  In the servant's cottage I have 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, the castle kitchen, and a study.  For step 3 I will have to specify which areas are zoned for the servant's, and which aren't.  I will make the whole servant's cottage including the kitchen,  the adjoining garden area, the tower with the laundry facility which has a wine press on the second floor, the small foyer inside the back servant's entrance to the main building, the stable, and the second floor to the stable's tower, which has a pottery wheel and invention machine.  All other areas are considered off limits to the servants, unless they are cleaning or working.  


Main Building, 1st floor

Main building, 2nd floor

Upper Left: Servant's cottage, first floor.  Upper Right: laundry facility tower, bottom right: Dining room and Servant's Entrance. 

Servant's Cottage, 2nd floor

Stable, Ground floor

Another view of the Laundry room.

I also modified the two lots built as sort of bars.  First, in Dragon Tavern, I replaced the bars with professional bars, that came with the Late Night Expansion Pack, and I re-zoned the lot to a bar. For McCafferty's Pub, I again replaced the simple bars with a professional bar, and then I added to the 2nd floor, 2 bedrooms, with adjoining bathrooms.  One of these includes a crib.  I kept the zoning of this lot to Visitor's Allowed.  

The next thing I need to do is to make Sims.  I will be creating 4 sims, 2 will be my starting pair, and 2 will be the King and Queen of the land.  I will be making the traits of the King random.  I'll probably place the king, using the cheat code "freerealestate" because it is very expensive.  I believe the Testing cheats enabled cheat must be on for that cheat code to work.  After this, I will be ready to start my challenge.  

1 comment:

  1. I added an image of the 2nd floor of McCafferty's Pub that I rebuilt.

    ReplyDelete